North Miami Beach
North Miami Beach Senior High School's mission is to create a safe and effective learning environment in which all students experience academic, social, and career-related success in becoming lifelong learners in our ever-changing technological and global society.
RANDY A. MILLIKEN, Principal
NMB NEWS CENTER
Charger Pride SCIENCE WINNERS!
Said Bilani and Atiquel Islam, for the second consecutive year will represent the State of Florida in the 61st annual South Florida State Science and Engineering Fair. These students’ projects open up great opportunities to find solutions for real-life events and influence scientific and technological innovations in our society.
Said Bilani’s project entitled “The Effects of Conditioned Medium from Dental Stem Cells on Gene Expressions of Interleukin IL-1β treated Chondrocytes” provides opportunities for those who suffer from osteoarthritis and other cartilage injuries, as a treatment was discovered that would serve as an eventual cure. Atiquel Islam’s project “Dye-sensitized Solar Cell” offers great innovation in solar cell technology.
AP Charger Bowl was a SUCCESS!
On January 30, NMB hosted its 1st Annual Charger Advanced Academic Bowl. The Charger Bowl was established in 2016 to increase academic competitive spirit for the upcoming Advanced Placement exams.
The competition was steep with 12 teams representing NMB. Congratulations to Mr. Singh and his Minions which consisted of: Maria Prado, Kyle Hyppolite, Jackson Pierre, Hillary Jean-Pierre, Jaylayna Antoine, and Tracy Jacquet.
A Special Thank you to the 60 students whom participated and the following teachers for assisting and ensuring that the Charger Bowl was a Chargerific success:
Ms. Gant, Mr. Luzardo, Mr. Boyd, Dr. Mabe, Dr. Davis, Mr. Alcin, Mrs. Neufeld, Mr. Pasternack, Mr. Tetu, Mrs. Chacin, Mr. Singh, Ms. Boeva, Mr. Montavalan, Mrs. Parker, Ms. M. Davis, Ms. Kelsey, Mrs. Martin, Mrs. Bertani and Mrs. Rahmings.
Join NMB Chargers!
- To recieve important information from North Miami Beach via text messages or email please join our Remind 101 FAMILY!
- To receive messages via text, text @nmbch to 81010 You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, "unsubscribe @nmbcb
- To receive messages via email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, reply with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
- Values Matter is Miami-Dade County Public Schools' 2015-16 initiative highlighting the nine adopted core values identified in the Code of Student Conduct. Supporting and encouraging the use of these core values is the foundation of our behavioral expectations for students and for maintaining a safe learning environment. Recognizing positive student behavior is an integral way to encourage a positive school climate and empower the school community to pursue excellence in all areas.
- The following is an outline of our district-wide Values Matter focus for the first 10 days of school:
- August 24, 2015 - Code of Student Conduct
- August 25, 2015 - Respect
- August 26, 2015 - Responsibility
- August 27, 2015 - Citizenship
- August 28, 2015 - Fairness
- August 31, 2015 - Pursuit of Excellence
- September 1, 2015 - Kindness
- September 2, 2015 - Cooperation
- September 3, 2015 - Honesty
- September 4, 2015 - Integrity